- White's Gentlemen's Club in Mayfair is where Prince Charles sneaked off to on the eve of his Royal Wedding to Lady Diana Spencer in 1981, which formed his stag do.
- Prince William enjoys Viennetta mint frozen dessert, which the Spar shop in Kate's home town of Bucklebury specially stocks for him.
- Both William and Kate spent time in Chile during their gap years. William taught English with fellow teachers, sharing in common household chores.
- William's choice of St Andrew's University was not expected - not because it isn't a good university - but because recent royals preferred the formal colleges of Oxford and Cambridge. This choice of university lead him on a path to meet Kate, who was born in St Andrew's Church, was educated at St. Andrew's School and, of course, enrolled at St Andrew's University, It must have been fate.
- Kate first caught William's eye at a 2001 charity fashion show in which the slender Kate was one of the models - the see-through dress she wore recently fetched 78,000 at auction.
- On 19 October 2010, on a trip to Kenya, the 28-year-old prince proposed to Kate at Lewa game reserve in Kenya, a favourite spot for Prince William.
- The Royal Family and the Middletons will pay for the wedding itself, but the taxpayer will meet the cost of extra security and transport.